Current Penny Count: 347 (Updated 07/20/2018)

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Fort Worth Stockyards Pennies...

On Saturday, my family and I went out to the Fort Worth Stockyards to get some pressed pennies!  The first machine we went to was at the Longhorn General Store, located in the old train station.  There were supposed to be four, but one was marked as broken (the Don't Mess With Texas penny - but I already have that one anyway!).  The store said they usually carried Penny Collector Books, but were out and waiting on their next shipment.  We'll have to check back and get one another time!

My little brother & me!
We happened to be there during the time they do the daily cattle drive down the middle of the street!
Cowboys driving the cattle!

Moo!

Then we went to the Coliseum.  It was closed, but the lady at the gift shop let us through the doors and right around the corner was the machine.  We got four from there!
Coliseum pennies!

After that, we drove over to the National Cowgirl Museum & Hall of Fame and got three more pennies, from their electric press.
Cowgirl pennies!

In a little less than an hour, I got 10 pennies to add to my collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment