Current Penny Count: 347 (Updated 07/20/2018)

Monday, August 13, 2012

San Antonio Started It All


I was on vacation last year (April 2011) with my parents and grandparents in San Antonio, Texas, and as a souvenir I wanted a "smooshed" penny from the machine at Sea World.  We all decided that pressed pennies would make a great collection!  My mom liked them because they didn't cost a lot, and don't take up a lot of space.  So, we went around the rest of our trip trying to find all the machines we could find!  I left San Antonio with 11 pressed pennies (from Sea World, The Alamo and Natural Bridge Caverns).

We found a very helpful website, www.pennycollector.com, that has a list of places that you can get pressed pennies!  And we we were able to find lots of machines around our home in the Dallas-Fort Worth area!  And there are still many more places to visit for pennies!

I have pennies from The Fort Worth Museum of Science and History when I went with my grandparents.  My dad took me to Legoland, as well as Great Wolf Lodge (just for pennies, we didn't get to stay or play), Outdoor World/Bass Pro Shop and The Rainforest Cafe all in Grapevine, TX.  I have 19 from Six Flags Over Texas in Arlington.  I got 4 from the Dallas World Aquarium on a homeschool group field trip. 

My mom gave me an old one she had from when she was a kid, it's from The San Jacinto Monument in San Antonio.  A friend of my parents' named Jaime was nice and sent me some from Red Rocks, Pike's Peak and Roswell! My Great Aunt Laura sent me one from Michigan Adventure Theme Park.

I can't wait to go out and find more to add to my collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment